Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Two Cents Worth

As part of my job, I have the responsibility of keeping the petty cash in order.
So I went to the bank today to sort out the change.

"I'd like x amount of 50s, 20s, 10s, 5s plus x amount of rolls of toonies, loonies, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies please."

So the clerk starts rummaging through the till to make up my order.

"I'm sorry m'am. But I don't have any change."

I laughed out loud, and being the smart-ass that I am said, "I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood you, cause I could have sworn you said you have no change".

"That's right m'am. I'm very sorry."

"But you're a bank!" And as I'm saying this, I'm thinking, holy cow is this ever my next blahg...

"Yes, but the manager is on lunch and I can not access the vault"...almost two o'clock, talk about working banker's hours!!

"Alrighty then, what can you give me in change?"

So he searches through the till and comes up with a few rolls of whatever, then THEN says to me, "You know madam, if you order your change ahead of time, we can make sure we have it for you."

I can't help wondering from which bank they would get THAT from....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember the avatar widget that I installed on my desktop? This morning, your clown avatar popped up and I couldn't wait to get to your blog to see what went with the juggling clown. Hilarious! That's the kind of response I would expect in India!rtmaunrm

Julie said...

Are times that tough in Canada that the banks don't even have money now???

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

LOL!!!!! :) only in Canada, eh!!!!! Better still, try bring them change for bills.....I'm sorry sir, we don't take change LOL...but, this is a bank.......yes sir, we charge you for taking your change. (True) I've a small rice sac, full of pennies- American and Canadian, since they're both worth the same:), that either needs to be rolled or weighed.....I'll keep it until I visit Calgary. *HUGS*

Lise said...

that's kind of funny, Julie, cause i think yesterday the canadian dollar was worth more than the american one...great for part of the economy, not so great in other parts... :)