Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Le Premier Etoile...

...'da first starrr of toooniiiite's 'ockey game'....



I've always loved hearing that. I loved it even more when the Canadiens were playing cause it's even more entertaining, for me, when my grandmother is watching at the same time...she would have whipped those guys into shape, let me tell ya!!!

I had the extreme pleasure of watching my little buddy Riley's first weekend of hockey. He's doing so great, and I don't think I could be any prouder of him if I was his mom. I know, that as Riley's parent's, Alissa and Marsh are certainly proud. Riley had many people out there supporting him this weekend, and Paden would have loved to have been out there skating with him, that will have to wait for another time, but will come soon enough. I wanted to share these clips with all of you because there's nothing better than watching a young man developing a new skill.


Hockey is such a great sport for kids. I believe, that with most sports, it not only gets them active, but they learn so many other life skills; teamwork, discipline, self-confidence, sportsmanship...the list goes on and on....a big attaboy for the coaches out there as well, they were very supportive and encouraging of all the guys out on the ice.


I'm sure Riley slept great that night after all that hard work. I bet he slept with a big smile on his face as well...I know it gives me a big smile every time I think about it. Way to go Bud, and keep your stick on the ice!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stinkin' cute! I think he was maybe 2 when I last saw him. Alissa should start a blog too!

WHERE did you find the cheerleader avatar? I searched all through yahoo for it when I posted about the swim meet!

Unknown said...

YAAAAAA..GREAT FOOTAGE LISE!!WAY TO GOOO RILEY...YOU ARE A STAR...SUPER..AND THIS DOES PUT A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE..XX00MOM