Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kickin' It Old School

Well, I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I’m going back to school.

Wow. I'm looking at that sentence and I'm thinking 'I can't believe I just wrote that...I can't believe I'm going to actually do that'.

I haven’t been in a classroom to learn anything in over fifteen years…Ouch. That’s going to be a kicker to the head for sure.

On the recommendation from my supervisor, I am in the process of pursuing a designation. I’ll be able to put a few fancy letters behind my name that will let everyone know that, hey! alot of money was spent and hey! I can learn.
It’s exciting and unnerving at the same time…knowledge is power. Am I smart enough?
I can do this!!! Can I do this??
Yes. Yes I can.
Facilities Management Administrator…FMA (Flippin’ Marvelous Academic).

I registered today and was given the class curriculum. I'm in the accelerated learning program (which by no means means that I'm smart, on the contrary, I've decided to torture myself in 4 easy days of 9 hours a day of class time)...with a two hour exam at the end. Somebody give me a lobotomy cause I must be outta my mind!

In the meantime, I have 16 chapters to cover and know inside and out by the time I go to class. Piece of cake....mmmmm, caaaakkke. Focus!!!!

My son and husband are very encouraging.

Mark is getting ready to take his entrance exams for the CMA next month, and already holds a degree in education as well as a diploma in business administration with a major in accounting.

Paden is loving kindergarten and happily spelling red, blue and yellow…next is green, purple and the tough one, orange…what rhymes with orange??? Nothing.

*Sigh* Tough acts to follow. I will endeavor to do the family proud.

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
Plutarch

Thanks for the quote Jane.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

It is that time of the week that I come in copy all your blogs so I can print them and bring them up to Papa....way to go for going back to school... your are a heck of a lot braver then your Aunt I have to tell you... not sure if this OLD woman could do it.... now but maybe... know you will do great... and keep the blogs coming we both love reading them.... Love Jo

Unknown said...

You can do it! You're going to make yourself proud!

D xo

PS...we're back from sri lanka

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

The expression "Can't teach an old dog new tricks" isn't true:) really hope you enjoy this "new learning" & good luck with all the terminology *Big Hugs*