Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Deep Observations...by Me on Sickies

Oh okay, people who are illll.....people who don't feel welllll....is that politically correct enough?

Yet they still think, hey I can still do the work.

Call them whatever you like, they're sickies to me.
Sick to think that they are well enough to come into work.
Sick to believe that they 'are the job'.
Sick to think that other people in the office environment want to hear them sniffling, see their red blotchy noses, smell the 'ew' of their cough drops, and heaven forbid if you have to sit next to them in a meeting!!

Don't be doing me any favors, and don't be bringing your icky germs to work for pete's sake!!

Up and to this point, I hadn't really considered myself a germophobe. But I'm beginning to feel like Adrien Monk. Funny guy, totally obsessive compulsive, and a fanatical germophobe. Makes for good TV...not good working relationships!!!

I love my boss, great guy, been sick for about 4 days and thought he had it licked...wrong!
He comes in today, trying to put on the brave face, sounding like he'd swallowed a shovel full of gravel...'Go home!!' I said (i'm such a force to be reckoned with)...I hate to break it to you but the world's not going to fall apart because you miss a day....one day.

So Dr. Lise prescribed one delicious hot toddy topped with rum, a Maxim's magazine and an episode of Oprah and sent him on his merry way.

He'll be here tomorrow. If he reads this, I may not be....hahahaha

It kind of actually surprised me, because (and don't you know it girls) while this may sound sexist, there is nothing worse (in their mind as well) as a sick guy.

See???!!! They didn't even flinch at that one, because they know it's a verifiable statement.

"My throat's sore"
"I don't feeelllll well"
"Can I have a drink of water??"

OOOooo, I know, let's call the waaaaahmbulance.

Hmm, Friday's just around the corner....I think I'm starting to get the sniffles, maybe I should take a sick day....see, ya shoulda stayed home in the first place, now I'm feeling all germy!!!

*cough cough*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not as politically correct as you are, but I'd like to second the notion...
http://earthtodanie.blogspot.com/2007/09/public-service-announcement.html