Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lawn Leprechauns

Some people have garden gnomes.
Some people have porch monkeys.
I woke up this morning only to realize that I have lawn leprechauns. True Story.

Some time in the wee hours o' the mornin', the leaves on my lawn, as well as all the leaves on the block, mysteriously swept themselves up and deposited themselves into big garbage bags laid out at the street.

Holy o' blarney!!! I sez to meeself.

It must have been quite a few of them stealin' through the dark, because if you look at my previous blahg, you'll see how many leaves there were to pick up...now multiply that by 10!!!

I really would love to know who to thank so I could at least bake them a tray of cookies or something!

God Bless the Wee Folk.
.
.
.
PS...as an addendum to this blahg, we did find out who the culprits were.

They weren't Leprechauns...
They were Anglicans!!!!

The 'Rake and Run' by the youth group at St. James Anglican Church kindly did the neighborhood lawns....guess I'll be baking plenty of cookies!!!

God Bless St. James (which I guess He already did, since he's a saint and all).

3 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Wish that little leprechaun would show up here! Let's see, I need leaves raked, peonies cut back, gardens weeded, etc.

Unknown said...

Rake and Run! What a terrific youth project!

Unknown said...

HI. I WAS TELLING HUBIE ABOUT YOUR LITTLE PEOPLE RAKING AND BAGGING. HE SAYS..A GOOD DEED DONE. WE WOULD BE SOOO LUCKY. MEESAYS..U VERY LUCKY...MUST BE A TOUCH OF IRISH SOMEWHERE..AHHHH..LOVE YA U MA MA