Thursday, October 25, 2007

Deep Observations...by Me on Being an Ass

I am responsible, in part, for the way our facility looks inside and out - physically, aesthetically, ergonomically, and so on and so forth...
Things like making sure the cleaners are cleaning properly (which they are), that everyone has the proper tasking chair, that the appliances stay in good working order...you get the idea.

However, some days, like today, I couldn't decide whether or not I was the cigarette nazi...'no smoking for you!!!'

I took the time and ordered these way cool (from a nonsmoker's point of view of course) cigarette receptacles. You see them just about everywhere. I wouldn't think they would be difficult to comprehend. Yet as I walked out of the main entrance, I swear not two feet away from the darn thing on the ground, was a butt...and I don't mean the kind with the crack in it!

I needed to ASSess the situation. I wanted ASSurance that it wouldn't be a consistant problem.

So being the smart ASS that I am (I sense a theme running here), I sent out a blanket email to 'make everyone aware' that they existed and that if they needed a demonstration on how they work, that I would be happy to ASSist. (what can I say, I'm on a roll)....

The majority of Alberta municipalities have gone nonsmoking. Most restaurants, bingoes and even pubs have a no-smoking policy, which as a previous beer slinger can attest, it's nice not having to go home smelling like an ASShtray (sorry, couldn't resist)...

I don't have a problem with people who smoke, but if you're going to, be cognizant enough to have a bit of pride in your place of work...I wouldn't want to ASSume, BUTT I could be mistaken.

...enough of this verbal ASSault. I wonder once my boss reads my email if he'll think I'm still an ASSet...he may not want to ASSociate with me...(LMAO(laugh my ass off))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHHHH. u are sooo with the program..u are an assset..hee xx00your biggest fan..mom