Monday, December 3, 2007

Teddy Bear Toss 2007

Today was a great day. We took our three amigos and went to the Hitmen's 'Teddy Bear Toss' hockey game. We arrived early so that we could find parking.


It was a very cold day today, -18C, but that did not dampen our spirits, we knew we would get to see some great hockey.

There's Paden, Mark, and the three amigos Dave Darryl and Larry.


We thought we did pretty good with our choice of teddy's but these folks really went all out...


And this is where they were tossed after the Hitmen's First Goal of the game....


I got beaned by a teddy or two, but not nearly as bad as the one's seated in the club seat section!!


It took about a half hour to get all these teddies rounded up and on to these trucks...


By the end of the game we were told that the attendance was just over 17, 000 people and that almost 27,000 bears were collected for those less fortunate. It was amazing to see so many bears on the ice!! We won the game, and since the Hitmen scored more than 5 goals, we received coupons for Wendy's burgers to boot! Everybody won today, and it was great!!!



5 comments:

Aman said...

Wow... that was fast. I didn't bring my camera and was trying to explain my mother how huge that all was...but thanks to your video, it explained it all.

And you are right about club seat, I was in the Avison Young club suite in the bottom row and I had hundreds come to my head (my arm is kind of sore now). Despite cold weather, it was fun.

Thanks for posting that.

Unknown said...

What a fun event! I could tell when you got socked by a teddy...laughed my butt off! Good thing they weren't collecting hammers. Or bowling balls.

Unknown said...

OHH WHAT A GREAT IDEA...LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN..ENJOY ALL YOUR BLOGS..JUST SUPER..XX00MOM

Joanne said...

totally amazing... outstanding... that is all that can be said...

Montreal Monique said...

Amazing...thank you for sharing:) Nikki