Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eats

My family gears most of what we do around food.


I'm not quite sure if it's the French or the Greek in me, but when we get together, there are lots of eats to be had.


This Christmas was spent with my inlaws at their summer cottage. The weather cooperated and we were able to go walking and skidooing (sticki-dooing by some).


Christmas Eve's Eve was great, I was very touched that my mother-in-law went to the trouble of making sure I had tortiere (as is my side of the family's christmas tradition on the eve of Christmas)....she even had pickled beets!!! ....so I was in heaven!


Next day came the trussed up bird. My father-in law reminded me of my grandfather the way he trussed up that turkey...had the turkey been alive, it wouldn't have stood a chance!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey!!!! what a great looking bird..yum....left overs for sure...enjoy....mom xx00