Monday, December 10, 2007

Not the Venti, Grande's Plenty

I admit it. My name is Lisette, and I'm a latteholic.
Sad, truly.

We decided to pick up a little 'pick me up' for the drive up to Edmonton to get Paden on Sunday, and stopped by Starbuck's.

They would be horrified if I walked in and asked for a 'double double'!!!

'I'll have a grande peppermint white chocolate mocha with whip please' I tell the barrista at the counter. That's alot of thinking - size, item, accessories...

The cute little barristo making my mocha asks, 'What was that again?', with marker in hand so he can identify it on the cup. 'You want me to repeat that??? Oy, you're hurting my head' I laugh. 'It's good practice' he quips back. Cheeky little thing...cute though, as I wonder if he's actually old enough to be working in there...heehee

So out we go to the truck, lattes in hand. To the right of the truck in the next parking stall is this guy, bent at the waist rubbing his finger on the side of this little Acura coupe. So feeling equally cheeky at seeing his backside I say, 'There's nothing you can do about the dirt, it's winter, you'd better get used to it!!' The guy stands up straight, turns around and lo and behold it's my little barristo!!!

He was pretty good natured about the barb and says,'I just got it painted'.
So I guess he is old enough to work in there as he must have a driver's licence.
Mark comes around from the other side of the truck to look at this little sport's car.

'Niiiccce car', I said. Guy's like it when you tell them they have a nice car.
'Obviously we're in the wrong line of work my dear', I say to Mark.
We think maybe we should be working at Starbuck's!!!!
Barristo boy thought it was funny...I think it's rather sad (not really)......heehee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, peppermint white chocolate mocha.