Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Things That Go Bump in the Night

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -Only this, and nothing more.'
The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe


There's my little dinosaur.

There were many a tappings on our door last night as all the ghosts (yes I actually had one come to the door) and goblins came in search of treats.

I'm not sure who had more fun...the kids out trick or treating....

...or the people who were dishing them out.



We went trick or treating with our new next door neighbors Elisabeth, Lilliam and Malva, who just moved here recently from Germany and had never been out trick or treating before... it definitely was a treat to take them out!!
The boys were SO excited, it was hard to keep up with them.
Of course, things are a bit different then when we, as kids, went trick or treating. We couldn't wait because everyone knew us in the neighborhood, and we definitely knew who had the choice treats...like the candied apples and the puff balls dipped in chocolate...those were the days~ One pillow case hardly held it all, what a haul we would take in...my mother would cringe at all the sugar...good times.

We should be good for sweets until Easter to be sure!!!

3 comments:

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

That's why God gave us a second set ot teeth:) biy, looks like there's a ton of bars!!!!!! hmmmm hmmmm

Unknown said...

You all had a great halloween...lots of treats too..yummy...we only had three little ones knock on our door.they were sweet..spook on!! xx00mom..paden looks so cute..

Julie said...

Feel free to send the extra candy to Danie and I here in India! We'd take it...of course, it may not get here until Easter!

Julie