Wednesday, October 3, 2007

They Call it a Slowcooker for a Reason

Another great part about autumn is being able to use the slowcooker.
There's nothing quite like the scent of a roast with all the fixings hitting your nose as you walk in the door. It's a great feeling to know that you don't have to worry about making dinner because, hey!! it's already done....that is, of course, unless you're me.

So I get up early (relatively speaking), slap the roast in the cooker, add some baby carrots, chop up the potato, add some onion soup mix, salt, pepper and put it on low heat since we'll be out of the house all day.

Five o'clock rolls around, I'm checking the snail mail, and thinking oooo, can't wait to knosh in on the roast! Open up the door....wait a second!! No fabulous smell assaulting my senses....what could be wrong????

Which leads me to the punch line.
Slowcooker or slow cooker?
It's not so much the machine as it is the maker.


I forgot to plug it in............................

So Honey, where are we going for dinner???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHH BABY...THAT WAS WHERE I WAS SURE YOU WERE GOING..DID NOT TURN IT ON...LOL LOL LOL ..I COULD ALMOST SMELL THAT ROAST HERE....YUMMY...OHH A NITE OUT IS GREAT..ALSO LOVE YOUR LEAVES BLOG. PADEN IS A LOT BIGGER THAN THE LAST TIME WE HAD HIM IN LEAVES..HE IS AS SWEET AS EVER..LOVE U MUCH..XXX000MOM

Unknown said...

Love it! When I was unpacking our kitchen, I threw out our slowcooker cord thinking it was for the old bread maker that we longer have. Duh! I'm going to buy another one when I go back to the US at Christmas. I already have the "slow cooker." Now I need the slowcooker!

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

FUNNY!!!!!! LOL......try St-Huberts..Hahaha. man, I CRACK ME UP!!!!!!! *hugs*