Thursday, August 16, 2007

Made in India

It's my son's fifth birthday coming up on the twentifirst. When I left to come visit my sister in India, I made a promise to him to bring him back something very special from India for his birthday. I mean, how hard could it be??? When shopping in Canada, a lot of the things we purchase have the tags 'Made in China' or 'Made in India'. Do you think I can find ONE freakin' thing here that is appropriate for him?? Nuh-uhn. The problem, of course, is that they don't keep anything here, they ship it all thhhheeeerrre.

I have yet to see anything here that says 'Made in Canada'.

...my search continues.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHHHHH ..U ARE TOOO FUNNY...GOOD LUCK..XX000MOM

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

Hey that's easy...what about a little brother!! :) there's lot'S of little ones over ther.....put one in your suitcase....taking anything back with you Maam? No...just a little more weight LOL .. I crack myself up!!!!!! :) *Hu.hahahahBig Hugs*

Julie said...

Lise...sorry this comment is a little late...just finally got internet at my house...anyway, I feel your frustrations here! When we were living in Beijing and went back to the U.S. at Christmas, I was looking for gifts for some Chinese friends. Do you think I could find anything that wasn't Made in China??? No way! I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the U.S. produces these days.
...Julie