Wednesday, April 9, 2008

See Dick Run...

Do you remember the very first words you ever read out loud?
'See Dick. See Dick run.' Yeah, good times....

Well yesterday was a proud mama moment. Paden read his very first book out loud. Very exciting, and very big boy...
His little book was called 'The House'. It's called a pattern book, 'this is a....this is a....'

Paden was quite anxious to show us his stuff!


We've always enjoyed reading - bedtime stories are always the best.

From now until the end of the school year, Paden will take home two books to read per week...it's nice to have someone read since I'm still stuck with laryngitis.






I wish my garden looked like that...alas, I am not a greenthumb, but it was most excellent to see his joy (and pride..he's such a Leo) in being able to read to us.
I can't wait to see what the next book will be!!! :)




5 comments:

Joanne said...

Way to go Paden ... and mama should get her backside to the doctor to get that throat checked out... Love Jo

Unknown said...

OHHH WHAT A PRICELESS MOMENT. I SOO REMEMBER WELL. HOPE YOU GET YOUR VOICE BACK SOON.. PROUD MA MA AND DAD...LOV MOM

Lise said...

Thanks...I've been to the doctor and have been home all week...but being part Melanson - you know how hard it is not to say anything...heehee

Montreal Monique said...

Heeeheheee...I loved the Melanson comment...lol...and I loved seeing my nephew so happy. Your an excellent mom...he couldn't do all these amazing things without you by him:)
Love you...Monique

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Reading is a huge accomplishment!

PS...cute shirt.