Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SAS!!!

SAS stands for 'Super Awesome Shots'...my son Paden's soccer team this year. Leave it to them to pick something way out there!

Soccer had been canceled last week on account of too much snow (ugh) - so we were happy to get out and see some of his buddies from last year.



Paden and his buddy Graham - 'We've got serious wheels, Mom!!!'

Last night we decided (well mostly I decided) to walk from our house to the soccer pitches since we had plenty of time...it is, of course, much quicker to drive, but I'm trying to get more physical activity into my daily routine. The perk of walking is that we walk RIGHT BY the 7-11, and what's better to cool your thirst than a big ole slurpy!!! (which I did not have I might mention!) I settled for a green tea gingerale, which was really delish. Paden bartered for the Gatorade cause 'I need lots of energy to play Mom!' (blue tongue and all).

Coach Steve was happy to see Paden. Kudos to Coach Steve on all the respect he gets from the kids. They practiced for a half an hour and then it was 'Game On!'

It was great to see how Paden had improved (and had grown) over the past year with his soccer skills. 'I got wheels, huh Mom??!!' You sure do buddy! (It's all about the 'wheels').

Well, wheels - and snacks!!!

By Paden's account we won the game 5-1. AND - he got his first goal of the season. It was a bit of a walk home, but I don't think he let up smiling the whole way.



When we went to wake him up this morning, I don't think he moved the whole night!!! Nothing like a good match of soccer to sleep soundly... I just wish I had his energy!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! And his first goal of the season. Well done!

Joanne said...

Way to go Paden on your first goal of the season... and way to go mom for walking to the game... more energy then your old aunt I have to say... he he

Montreal Monique said...

Great job Paden!!! Keep those wheels going!! You look sooo cute in that yellow team shirt. (Sarah's comment)

Unknown said...

BY THE SOUND OF THINGS ..I DONT THINK MAMA HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING LAST NITE EITHER. WAY TO GOOO PADEN..NANNA AND PAPPA WILL MISS YOUR GAMES..LOV YA NANNA

PappaRicky/NanaGin said...

Whoa!!!!! "Big wheels keep on turning" :) you're the man!!!!!! way to go buddy LOL

Diane Mandy said...

I like what your SAS stands for. I used to work for SAS (STatistical Analysis Software). Def not as interesting!