Friday, March 28, 2008

S*!t Happens

First, let me apologize for my 'potty' mouth - trust me, it's only going to get worse.

Yesterday was a pretty 's*!tty' day for me - let me explain....

Being a Facilities Administrator leaves something to be desired somedays. Mind you, I'd still take it over accounting! We took the initiative to change out the existing plumbing to go from a 10L flush to a more 'green friendly' 1.6L flush, saving over 600,000l per year. Yay!
However, if you've been in a mall, you've noticed those suckers flush pretty loudly - I think ours are even louder...perhaps I should have let people know sooner, but apparently for me, I was lucky that there was nothing for anyone to bump their heads on because they were all so startled after flushing! I even had one guy come up to me and suggest that if we were to shrink both the stalls and the sinks, we could pretend that we were on an airplane!! (I had a good laugh over that one). I've also been asked to have a decibel reading taken to make sure no one's eardrums will suffer the consequences of a good flush. Gotta have the canals in good working order.

Secondly, I get a call saying that the water is not running in one of the stalls...I guess not many people think to check the tap at the toilet to see if the water is actually on...to be fair, I probably wouldn't have thought to look for that either a few months ago (ha! who's kidding who - it's only common sense - which doesn't seem to be all that common these days). However - if I walk into a stall that hasn't been flushed, I flush it before I go (call me anal)... if it's not flushing, then use another stall!!! Don't attempt to 'compound' the situation! See!! You can learn something new every day! Wow, I felt like I was getting alot done... toilet working?? check! Bathroom Freshners working?? CHECK!!!

Thirdly, I had my cleaner come to me rather upset. One of my buildings has quite a few foreign workers (and before you insinuate that I am being discriminatory, I do not have this problem in any of my other buildings). For most people that have been overseas to places like India or Malaysia - you'll know where I'm headed with this sanitary little gem ... let me tell you, it gives the saying 'cop a squat' a whole new meaning. Instead of sitting on the toilet, they stand on the toilet... and of course this will no doubt sound sexist, but man! MEN! If you can't get good aim on both ends/either ends, then bloody well sit down to use the facilities!!! It seems all rather logical to me, but then again, I'm a woman - we always pee sitting down! (and thanks Dan for the post!!!)

*Sigh* Yes folks, just another day in the life I tell ya.

Most people plug their noses going to the washroom, my peers (hahahahaha) plug their ears.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://earthtodanie.blogspot.com/2007/11/loo-like-this.html

I totally get it.

Joanne said...

Actually I went looking for you... it was on November 10th, 2007 the photo appeared.... just in case you wanted to use it he he...