Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hoppy Easter

I love long weekends...and this go round I decided to take the Thursday off so it was a super long holiday weekend.

We went to a hockey game on Thursday, Paden was sad the Avs lost to the Flames, but they got a little pay back on Monday, so it's a level playing field in our house at the moment!

I agree with my sister Danie on the Good Friday thing. I know in my heart that in the Christian world it is cause for celebration, but I've always found it a bit of a downer.

On Saturday, we went out to The Broken Plate for dinner. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Calgary for at least two reasons: First, they have superb food (and excellent service) and secondly, they take reservations on a weekend. I love that I don't have to (a) wait in line (b) sit at the bar (c) get told it will be an hour before I can get a seat. If you're reading my blahg, and live in Calgary, I would highly recommend a visit to the Broken Plate!

On Sunday we picked up our Little Bear and went over to my wonderful friend Alissa's house. She really made Paden's day. When we got there, there were brightly colored plastic eggs scattered all over her acreage, and we went on an Easter egg hunt. Paden was SO excited and had an 'eggscellent' time collecting all the chocolate stuffed eggs. Talk about a sugar high! We had a lovely dinner - I can't wait for them to come visit us so I can return the hospitality.

Monday saw us drop Mark to the airport. Paden was a bit upset, but was pleased to be told he would be 'the man of the house' for the next two weeks. We headed home and watched Bugs Bunny do his thing to Daffy Duck....what better way to spend the Easter weekend??!!!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

D) It's Greek.

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Unknown said...

E) What a menu.

We're going to need to go there more than once. I was trying to pick a meal from the menu, which included pretty much every appetizer on the list. Can't do it. Definitely twice. At least.

Lise said...

Dan, don't have to ask me twice, they have THE BEST calamari!

Montreal Monique said...

Happy you had an awesome weekend:) Would love to go out and get some "out west" skiing done:)

Lise said...

Niq,
you're more than welcome anytime!