Monday, May 19, 2008

May Long...

AH - the May Long Weekend...it's never quite 'long' enough.

The weekend flew by - we putted around, I had a massage at my favorite spa (thanks Krystal, I needed that after my last exam!), did the obligitory visit to Canadian Tire and picked up some patio chairs, we saw 'Prince Caspian' (pretty good movie), we attempted to get through the boxes in the garage...on the upside, we made it through 6...not bad.

Sunday, after picking up Paden, we took the long way home through Sundre, stopped for a bucket of balls at a driving range, and booked our spot at Tall Timber for some camping in June. Later that evening we met up with my brother-in-law and his family and friends (they were camping in Cochrane), by the time we made it home it was quite late!

Monday, we had a bitof a lazy morning, topped up the fridge and pantry, then toodled off to the mountains....(along with thousands of other people who had the same idea!)

I have to say, I think this is the best part about living in Calgary, being so close to the mountains. A quick 45 minute drive and you're there.

The weather was great! We packed a picnic lunch and headed out to Elbow Falls. Just in the Kananaskis Country, they have picnic sites with fire pits all along the river....definitely a popular spot as you can see by all the people in the picture!


After that we drove to my favorite place on the planet - Forget-Me-Not Pond. It's so beautiful there, the water is a gorgeous emerald green and most times it's quite quiet. I was surprised to see that there was still ice on the pond. It was a lovely warm day as you can see by Paden in his shorts and tee.
The boys spent the majority of the time by the river seeing who could make the biggest splash!



The local wildlife was out and about this afternoon, and seemed more than accomodating to pose for pictures.


The afternoon went by too quickly, finishing off at home with a barbeque and a book read to me by Paden. *Sigh* I wish every weekend was a long one! Looking back through what I just blahged, we got quite a bit in!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely!

I had to laugh at your "...all the people" comment, though :)

Lise said...

Haha...true enough, but you didn't see the people that 'weren't' in the picture!

Unknown said...

You are so right when you say..every weekend should be a long one....your photos are great..lots of people ahhh heeeee..Glad you had down time...xx00mom