Friday, December 7, 2007

The Science of Ice

So I'm at school picking up Paden.
They do alot of fun activities with them, and I knew as I was putting on Paden's jacket that he had been outside that afternoon because his mittens were a bit wet.
As I go to zip up his jacket, I notice that his right pocket was dripping...
Now, it's -15C here so I know he hasn't fallen into a puddle!
'Bud, what did you do to your jacket?' I ask as I am attempting to absorb the wetness with my mitt...
That's when I felt the huge bulk inside the pocket.
I open up the pocket to find a huge chunk of ice inside!!!
'I was saving it for later', he says.
I'm like, well, it must have been a pretty big piece cause at the end of the day, it was still the size of my fist!
We both had a pretty good laugh along with the promise that all subsequent snowballs will be left outside where they can live long and prosperous lives!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Every winter we put one or two of our best snowballs ziplocked in the freezer so we can pull them out on the hottest day of summer.

Unknown said...

HI..ONLY A LITTLE BOY WITH A MIND LIKE PADEN WOULD SAVE HIS ICE FOR LATER..TOO CUTE..XX00MOM

Joanne said...

Mom should have taken it home and put it in the freezer so he could keep it until spring when all the snow is gone...LOL.... what Kids do to make us smile... too cute. Love Jo

Montreal Monique said...

Well Sis...be very careful when it heats up outside...the creepy crawly thingies will happen next in his pockets;)