Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nooooo, not another chocolate.....


I'm not much of a sweet tooth generally speaking...

I tend toward the popcorn/potato chip genre, but every once in a while it is lovely to have one of those sweet little confections to pop into your mouth...


However, today, I had had just about enough.


Bernard Callebaut, Godiva, Laura Secord, Purdy's....I think I've tried, I'm sure, at least one of each kind over the last two weeks. 'Thank you for your valued patronage over the past year....here have another chocolate!!'


Tis the season....ho ho ho...hold the chocolates. Crimeny!!!


Here's the thing, and I think it's genetic, because all the women in my family will most likely say the same thing - if it's not there, as in, the line of sight, it's not a big deal....

The problem is when you KNOW it's there, well, you just must have....it, them, the box....

And to take it one step further, and my sisters will concur on this, that we were raised in such a way that we 'ate everything that was on our plate', so who are we to go against the 'nature/nurture' philosophy that we were lovingly reared on....


....speaking of rear, after all that chocolate indulging I'd better be dusting off the treadmill!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OHH PLEASE..CHOCOLATE ..IS LIKE ..WHAT CAN COMPARE..DAA YUMMY...MORE PLEASE...JUST TOOO DELICSH!!! mom xx00

Joanne said...

Ok it is not just you girls is it every blood women this the family going back a million years hon.... don't put chocolate in this house because I am going to sniff it out and not share it with anyone... we get that from Nanny O.... she still has to have chocolate every day of some kind or another... and she has no problem having some sitting on the kitchen table most of the time for all who comes to visit no matter if you are not suppose to have it like me... to those who can eat and have no effect from it... lol...

Montreal Monique said...

I have to tell you...working in the school system either the "gift" is chocolate or a mug. hehehe
So...I need to borrow that treedmill after you get it cleaned off...;)
PS...I need a wheelbarrel to bring home my chocolate twice a year...heheheh