Monday, June 2, 2008

..As an Addendum

...to my earlier post; 'Can I Get a Do Over'?



-the furnace guy didn't have his regular truck, so he had to wait for a specialized part in order to do the furnace cleaning, which lasted 2 1/2 hours instead of 45 minutes.

-i get back to work to 'it's too hot' only to have someone tell me not 15 minutes later that 'it's too cold'.

-the girls in the adjacent work department were looking pretty weepy. I gave one of them a hug only to find out that one of the girl's husbands lost a battle with cancer. Funeral arrangements are being made.

Having been through many passings myself, my heart goes out to this woman.

I would gladly give my 'do over' to her.



It's raining this afternoon.

People drive like they're driving in snow.

I'm going home and having a glass of wine, a good soak in the tub and a bit of a boo hoo.

Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Montreal Monique said...

Yes...don't you love "character building days". That is what my GF calls the hard ones. Now I look at it that way...and some how...the day seems alittle easier. Hope you enjoyed your wine and soak:)