Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Day of School

It sounds odd to have a first day of school in the month of April, but Paden had a great day. As usual, being the sometimes neurotic mother that I am, I thought maybe I should take him myself instead of letting the dayschool do it, but I thought the more normal it appeared the less a deal would be made of it. Paden's little buddies Seth and Letrell watched out for him and made sure he knew where he was to put his shoes and little things like that...they were the three muskateers - so sweet.

First thing yesterday morning, Paden comes into the bedroom and says, "mom, I need cologne"...this would have been a cereal milk up the nose moment had I been in the kitchen...lucky for me I was running a bit slow yesterday...
"Really??? Why would you need cologne bud?"
Insert lame eye roll in here - "Mom, i'm really busy during the day, and I sweat all over" he says motioning all over his body with his hands like he had the heebie jeebies...it was all I could do to keep a straight face - to him this is very big boy stuff... " oh, and deodorant too" (which comes out sounding like dee-oh-doh-ahnt)...

Just as long as it's a few years til he asks for the keys to the truck...yeah I know, that will come quickly enough...leave me to my illusions for a few years, huh??!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Iam so glad his first day was a good one. How do you keep a straight face when you want to crack up. He is toooo sweet.. xx00 nanna

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I was thinking about him this week..so glad he had a great day! You must be relieved!